It is our goal to make sure you feel your best and stay that way. We realize that not everyone has access or the time to make it to a class. We have made it convenient and affordable for you. Now,
you can train in the comfort of your own home with our on-line training program. Our videos are educational and easy to follow.
Learn how Tai Chi can help you to live a happier and healthier life.
Featured here will be articles and video clips featuring Sifu Romain, Dr. Oz's Tai Chi instructor. Sifu Romain has created this site to share and educate people on the various health benefits of
Tai Chi. Below are a list of his accomplishments.
World Champion Master Karl Romain has been studying and training in Kung Fu since age 10. Master Romain is the owner and master instructor of the Edgewater Kung Fu Academy. Master Romain provides group and private lessons to several well known athletes and celebrities, and coordinates many
off-site programs for various schools, municipalities and major corporations, in addition to making frequent personal celebrity appearances.
Martial Arts Accomplishments
- 1990 W.A.K.O. World Champion.
- Won Silver and Bronze Medals representing the United States in the WKA World Championship in Forms and Weapons Division, held in Kentucky September 2000.
- Inducted into the International Kung Fu Hall of Fame, 1996.
- Inducted into the World Christian Martial Arts Hall of Fame, 1998.
- Inducted into the World Sokeship Hall of Fame, September 23, 1995.
- Inducted into the USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
- Inducted into the Action Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
- Received PHD in Martial Arts Philosophy and Martial Arts Science.
- Rated 6th place overall nationally for weapons in the PKL, 1989.
- Rated 4th place overall nationally for forms and weapons NASKA, 1989.
- Participated in the Champions for Charity program which raised funds for children in need of organ transplants.
- Retained by the New York Giants Football Organization to cross-train players during the off-season.
- Has trained with, worked out with and given private lessons to various professional athletes and celebrities including: Amani Toomer, Howard Cross, Greg Cornella, Emmanuel McDaniel and
Reggie Stevens from the New York Giants Football Team; John Francis Daley, star of the nationally syndicated TV series Freaks and Geeks and The Geena Davis Show and Bones; Katie
Koczynski from the U.S. Senior National Skeleton Team and Lisa Oz author, radio and television personality, Nancy Pristine author and radio personality.
- Coordinated numerous off-site fitness and leadership programs for various municipalities, school and major companies.
Personal Appearance and Speaking Engagement Highlights
- Appeared on Doctor Oz for a Self Defense 101 show, Chi Gong for sleep show, Tai Chi for the Immune system and numerous website
- Appeared on Oprah as a guest of Doctor Oz teaching Chi Gong
- Taught Tai Chi on the You Staying Young show on the Discovery Channel.
- Appearances on Fox Television including Good Day New York and Good Day New York Early Morning Edition.
- Featured on Fox National News.
- Demonstrations, interviews and appearances for WPIX TV.
- Interviewed and appeared on MSG Cable Television Network.
- Special appearances and interview for ABC TV.
- Interviewed by WBLS radio in New York.
- Appearances on the Billy Taylor Show aired on WFAN Radio.
- Featured on 200 billboards and speaking engagements as part of the Governor’s “There’s No Excuse, Buckle Up” program.
- Featured in Bruce Caine’s book “Our Common Grounds.”
- Performed a demonstration for the International Federation of Body Building.
- Performed a demonstration for the Budweiser World of Wheels Exhibition.
- Special guest speaker at a luncheon hosted by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles at the Waldorf Astoria which was attended by executives from major insurance and automotive companies
such as Ford Motor Company, General Motors and others.
- Selected to promote the New York Senior Tennis Event featuring Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, Mats Wilander and Bjorn Borg, which aired on the MSG Network in June 2000.
- Scheduled to appear on the Now.com internet site, the world’s first fully converged television and internet broadcaster.
- Published Author: “Legendary Longfist”, “The Cross and the Warrior”, “The Shaolin Athlete” and “The Self-Confidence Factor: A Parent’s Guide To
Would you like to learn more about us and our services?
We would love to hear from you. Just give us a call at +1 201 8882122 or send us an email.